Tank Type Water Heaters in South Kansas City, MO
We Install & Repair Traditional Water Heaters
Hot water is a necessity for your home in South Kansas City, MO. A single-family water heater offers a ready reservoir of up to 80 gallons of hot water. The experienced plumbers at Kevin Ginnings Plumbing offer heat pump water heaters, solar water heaters, and more. You can count on our experts to install or repair your tank type water heater, natural gas water heater, and water heater tanks. Water heaters release hot water from the top of the tank when you turn on the hot water tap. Cold water enters the bottom of the tank to replace that hot water and ensure the tank is always full. Conventional storage water heater fuel sources include natural gas, fuel oil, propane, and electricity. We invite you to learn more about our tank type water heater services and get in touch with us to schedule service at your home.
Types of Water Heaters We Offer
The type of water heater you choose for your home depends on many factors. Learn more about your choices when it comes to residential water heaters in South Kansas City:
- Conventional Storage Water Heaters – These traditional water heaters for your home offer a ready reservoir using a storage tank. Tank type water heaters provide an adequate hot water supply for everyday use. Occasionally you may find yourself having to wait for hot water if you have guests in the home or are operating too many appliances that use hot water.
- Tankless Water Heaters – These newer water heaters do not use a storage tank and heat water directly. You won’t have to worry about running out of hot water if you have an adequately sized tankless water heater, which will still be smaller than your tank type water heater.
- Heat Pump Water Heaters – These water heaters operate by moving heat from one place to another. Heat pump water heaters can be efficient and save on energy costs.
- Solar Water Heaters – This type of residential water heater uses the sun to provide you with hot water and save money on monthly energy bills.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Water Heater
Is a conventional tank type water heater the right choice for your home? There are several factors to consider when selecting the right type and model of water heater, including:
- Fuel Type – There are multiple fuel types available for water heaters, including electricity, fuel oil, natural gas, propane, solar, and geothermal energy.
- Size – You’ll need a properly sized water heater to ensure you have enough hot water and don’t waste energy.
- Cost – In addition to the cost of purchasing a new water heater, you need to consider your annual operating costs as well.
- Efficiency – Be sure to check into the energy efficiency offered by different types of water heaters so you can maximize your energy and cost savings.
Comparing Fuel Costs & Water Heater Types
Fuel type is one of the most important considerations when choosing a new water heater. Take a few moments to explore your water heater options by fuel type:
- Electricity – A common fuel type for tank type and tankless water heaters as well as heat pump water heaters, electricity is almost always an option.
- Fuel Oil – This type of fuel is available in some areas of the U.S. for conventional water heaters.
- Natural Gas – Type fuel source can be used for conventional and tankless water heaters and is available in many parts of the U.S.
- Propane – Use propane to fuel your tank type of tankless water heater.
- Solar – This free energy source can only be used to heat solar water heaters.
- Geothermal – If you have a geothermal heat pump system in your home, geothermal energy makes the most sense.
Schedule Tank Type Water Heater Service Today
The expert plumbers at Kevin Ginnings Plumbing can help you determine if a tank type water heater makes the most sense for your home. We offer water heater repair, installation, and boiler services. You can also count on us for toilet repair, plumbing fixture repair, garbage disposals, leaks, burst pipes, and more. Contact us today to schedule tank type water heater service.
Why Choose Us?
- Master Plumbers
- Licensed and Insured
- Over 30 Years of Experience